Friday, March 29, 2013

Easter Blog Bash -- Crocheted Eggs

Some friends and I are doing Easter related blog posts.   I have posted the links to each of their blogs at the end of this post.

This is a crocheted Easter egg pattern I found on Pinterest.   Here is the link for the  Crocheted Egg Pattern.   These eggs are crocheted around plastic eggs, which I had never done before.  I used worsted weight yarn that I had on hand, but I did have to use larger hooks for both the eggs and the flowers.  She used a size G-hook for the eggs and a D-hook for the flowers, but I used a range between G-I sized hooks for the eggs and size E-G for the flowers.  When I used the G or H hook I had to add another increase row.  I don't know if it is just my tension or that my plastic eggs were larger than hers.

These are the ones I made:


Here are some Easter eggs that I made up several years ago.  I used Patons Grace yarn which is 100% mercerized cotton.  They are pretty similar to the pattern above, but I filled them with cotton or poly fill instead of using a plastic egg.  The baskets I started the same way as the eggs, but added a couple more increase rows before doing just single crochet rows.   Then the handle is just a chain connected to the basket.  These are fun little projects that are nice to give as gifts.
 
 
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhEAcwAz6F1jGZSQFA7VqIvJvLEQmB1pYfUfCtBU95zRMf1E_46z4B2JG4nIPGNEZwLx3l3Pl8CRgMP4Xs2wNhJhUq2TrOZ07LmkRPkYwGSLRktzWeFaWeQkU1CQ7duCgKqsQFTInnsEhyX/s1600/April+2009+011.JPG 

Here are the other blogs that have Easter blog posts that you may like to see:
Becca's Blog
Spencer's Blog
Justin's Blog

3 comments:

  1. These are beautiful, Hannah!
    Thanks for sharing!

    Blessings,
    Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Hannah!
    Love ya,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really cute! Thanks for doing the EBB with me!
    By the way, due to some confusion, the link to Justin's post is actually

    http://embracethegeekness.blogspot.com/2013/03/the-easter-blogging-bash-th-history-of.html

    Sorry about that! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete